Uploading Articles to the Journal System and Publication Process
New Member Registration
- Authors must first be a member of the journal system in order to upload the studies they want to publish.
- For this, the “new membership” button located in the upper right corner of the journal page is used. The information requested in this section must be filled in completely by the author.
- While writing the e-mail address, the current e-mail address should be preferred since edu extension mails can fall into spam.
Login to Journal System
- Authors can log in to the journal system by using the membership information they created during new member registration (Username: e-mail address and Password: the password they set).
- There is no need to re-register for people who have previously registered as members.
- In the studies to be added to the journal system, the author's name, title, institution, department name and city information of the institution should not be written.
- Studies to be uploaded to the journal system should be prepared in accordance with journal writing principles. The process will not be started for unsuitable articles.
- Authors should receive the similarity report of the study they want to publish before uploading the article. Similarity reports from plagiarism, iThenticate, Turnitin or similar plagiarism programs are accepted. Acceptable similarity rate: 25% maximum. (Bibliography may be excluded when obtaining a similarity report).
- After the author has logged in to the journal system, they can upload the work they want to be published to the journal system by using the "submit new article" icon.
- You need to upload the word file of the studies. PDF files will not be accepted so that there is no problem in the design phase of the articles.
- After the author uploads an article to the journal system, an automatic e-mail is sent by the journal system with the information that your article has been uploaded successfully.
Editorial Evaluation and File Review
- Studies uploaded to the journal system are reviewed by the editor in terms of compliance with the writing and publication principles. Appropriate studies are directed to the field editor.
- If there are any deficiencies or problems in the studies uploaded to the SMART Journal system, the article is returned to the author by requesting correction by the editors.
- Any work that does not contain scientific content and does not bring innovation to science is not accepted by the editor.
- Referees are assigned to studies that pass the editorial review without any problems.
Article Submission Fee
- SMART Journal is an open access journal that is published free on the internet.
- The articles published in the journal are not sold and there is no paid subscription to the journal. Therefore, after the article is uploaded, an article submission fee is requested regardless of the acceptance/rejection condition.
- If there are any deficiencies or problems in the studies uploaded to the SMART Journal Journal system, the article is returned to the author by requesting correction by the editors.
- The article submission fee must be deposited to the relevant account with the explanation of "Author Name Surname-SMART article submission fee". Account number and other information about the fee are sent to the corresponding author after the article is uploaded. Article submission fee is 50 USD, and this fee is 25 USD for articles whose corresponding author is a PhD candidate or authors uploading articles in low or lower-middle countries.
- Depending on the acceptance of the article or in the process of publishing the article, no additional fee is charged from the authors.
- There is no refunding process for rejected articles, but authors whose articles are rejected are given the right to apply for a free article within one year.
- For the studies whose editorial evaluation is completed, referees are called by the field editors or a referee evaluation request is sent via e-mail.
- Referees are asked whether they have time to evaluate. The studies are sent to at least 2 referees who receive positive answers for evaluation.
- With the BLIND REFEREE application, the names of the referees and authors are kept confidential.
- In order to evaluate the manuscripts sent to the referees, if the evaluation is not completed, a reminder e-mail is sent on the 7th, 15th and 21st days. The referee evaluation period is a maximum of 30 days. A new referee is appointed for studies that are not reported at the end of this period.
- The articles that receive a POSITIVE REFEREE REPORT from the referee's evaluation are entitled to be published.
- The referees who evaluate the studies evaluate the studies by taking into account the following factors. In addition, the authors have the opportunity to review the peer-reviews of their work from the journal system. The following criteria are taken into account in the evaluations of the referees.
- Title and content compatibility
- Scientific and originality
- The suitability of the article in terms of language and expression
- Handling and scope of the subject
- Subject integrity
- Access to original and primary sources
- Access to new scientific studies and resources
- Contribution to the field
- Mastery of the terminology of the field
- Language, style, intelligibility and fluency
- Getting results
- Studies that receive a positive (publishable report) report as a result of the referee evaluation are sent to the design company and their designs are expected to be completed. Studies whose design has been completed are published in the relevant issue.
- The referee may request corrections in the work he has evaluated. However, it ticks I want to see the edited version of the work again or I don't want to see the edited version again. Whichever option is selected by the referee, the author should rearrange his work according to the referee's correction suggestions and upload the corrected study text to the journal system. After the corrected text of the relevant article is uploaded to the journal system by the author, it is sent to the referee automatically by the system.
- The referee process should be followed meticulously by the author. It would be reasonable to wait for the evaluation of both referees to make suggestions for corrections. Authors should take care to complete the correction files within 7 to 10 days in order for their publications to reach the number to be published.
- Authors may object to the referee's report within a reasonable framework and with convincing data. Objections are reviewed by the journal management and, if deemed appropriate, a different referee (or referees) can be consulted on the subject.
- Journal editors meticulously follow the corrections given by the referees. Accordingly, the editors may decide to publish or not publish an article.
Article Design and Publishing
- The works that have been completed with the referee process positive are sent to the company from which the design service is received and the design of the works is expected.
- The works whose design has been completed are checked by the editor and the works that have been completed without any problems are placed in the publication queue.
- Studies whose publication process has been completed are added to the last issue to be published and published.
- For published studies, an e-mail is sent to the author by the journal system with the information that your work has been published.